System Center 2019 UR1
Ein Update Rollup für System Center 2019 ist seit dem 04.02.2020 verfügbar:
Ein Reihe kleinerer Bug Fixes für den Orchestrator sind enthalten (Zitat):
- Events pane of the Runbook Designer does not contain the name of the runbook logging the event.
- Unable to edit script in the text editor of the .NET script activity if number of lines exceed 769.
- Users with “read only” permissions can promote/demote runbook servers
Runbook performing SQL query activity returns NULL value for the Time and XML column.
- Monitor Data/Time triggers runbook immediately even when configured to trigger at a specific time.
- High traffic Runbook fails due to deadlocks.
- Exporting and Importing runbooks into upgraded SCO environment returns empty catalogue value in the properties for query database activity.
- Unable to perform checkout, delete, or rename operations on runbooks when user SID is longer than 50 characters.
Auch für den SCSM gibt es einige Korrekturen (Zitat):
- Fixes a bug that appended an additional extension to certain files in the file attachments while saving them on the local computer.
- Prefix for work items such as Review Activities can now contain space characters.
- State changes for Service Requests have been made unambiguous in the SM portal by moving Service Requests from the “active” to the “resolved” state after all the SR-related activities are completed. Previously, the Service Request moved from the “active” to the “closed” state.
- Fixes an issue in which text fields in the portal became encrypted and unreadable. This occurred during certain validation errors, such as file attachment size error.
- The User Input field on the Request Detail’s page now accepts HTML tag characters.
- The email link in the mail icon on the portal is corrected so that users can open a ticket by using email without having to remember the service desk address.
- Fixes an issue that occurs when you create requests that include files as attachments in Self Service Portal and that generates erroneous failure messages when the requests are successfully generated.
- The user inputs in a Service Requests offering are now persisted in the case of validation failures — except for file attachments and query results.
- Filtering on the My Requests page is enhanced to also search the Description of the requests in addition to their ID, Title, and Status.
- The email link in the Self-Service Portal is fixed to compose the mail by using the correct “To” address
- Fixes an issue that prevented the user from entering HTML tag characters in the request details page in Internet Explorer.
- Improves the start-up time of the SDK service.
- Fixes an issue in which language translation was inconsistent in the portal when a user queried in non-English languages.
- Fixes a bug that prevented the submission of a Service Request in the portal if the request offering has a list item that contains a plus (+) sign.
- The simple list questions on the Service Request creation page no longer select the first option by default. Instead, the user must select the desired list item. This reduces incorrect categorization of Service Requests.
- Fixes a bug in the portal that randomly denied creation of requests and returned a “The given key was not present in the dictionary” error message. This was observed in high traffic environments and caused forms to be refilled and service requests to be resubmitted.
- Fixes a bug in the portal that caused the custom views for a user to be rendered as blank when a service request was created by using an inherited class that uses the same internal property name as its base class.
- Service Manager connector for Configuration Manager is being upgraded to support the latest Configuration Manager versions. This change is scheduled to be made available through a future hotfix and in SCSM 2019 UR2.